Very Berry Christmas Bread Pudding
By: Executive Chef Eric Troup
- 22 oz day old French bread, diced
- 24 oz milk
- 8 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 9 eggs
- 1.5 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 6 oz dried cranberries
- 6 oz fresh blueberries
- 3 tbsp cold butter
- 4 tbsp of granulated sugar
- 5 oz white chocolate
- 1 oz coconut oil
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cut bread into 1-inch pieces.
- Using stand mixer, emulsify all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl except bread, granulated sugar, cold butter, chocolate, coconut oil, cranberries, blueberries and powdered sugar. Mix until well incorporated.
- Fold bread into the mixture until evenly saturated.
- Fold cranberries and blueberries into bread mixture.
- Coat the inside of a 9”x13” baking dish with 3” sides with cold butter then sprinkle liberally with granulated sugar.
- Add mixture from the large mixing bowl into the 9”x13” pan and press down gently to create an even top.
- Wrap the top with plastic wrap then foil
- Cook for 30 minutes at 350°
- Remove from oven. Check to see if mixture has set by gently jiggling pan. If the mixture is moving, place in oven for 5 more minutes until set.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
- In small plastic bowl add chocolate and coconut oil.
- Place in microwave for 20 seconds.
- Stir and repeat process until smooth. Finish by drizzling over the bread pudding.
- Top with powdered sugar (optional).